- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:07 pm
- Location: Bloomsburg, PA
- Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
- Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
- Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex
1. Be kind, Be Courteous, Be Chill
Maintaining a healthy and welcoming apartment is number one here, so let's treat everyone with respect and civility. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required always. We do not encourage elitist attitudes and it is important always to remember the human on the other end of the computer has thoughts, feelings, and aspirations just like you. In short: Don't be a jerk about things. We're here to relax, make friends, and form meaningful connections that can even turn into life-long friendships.
2. No Hate Speech, no drama. and no bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or identity will not be tolerated. This is a pro-LGBTQIA+ place, if you're not down with that - you should leave. Hazing of new members or anyone is strictly prohibited and dealt with either via a warning or ban if it is continual. Tolerance is a social contract, if you refuse to behave by the terms of the contract with hate and intolerance, we're going to show you the door.
3. Be constructive, open, and mindful
Complaining for the sake of complaining is not welcome as is constant and even pervasive negativity. Usually, a common example of this is, if one thinks "Everything new sucks and is nothing like the originals" and is constantly going on about nostalgic feelings and how the franchise just hasn't felt the same since then (the 'member berries). This specific attitude is considered unwelcome and while it's fine not to like something (and share that fact), do not antagonize people who do like the new media for the series - ever - with your opinion whether it is positive or negative. Remember that there is an old saying that goes, "If you have nothing nice or constructive to say then it is best to say nothing at all" and it is very much implied in practice here.
There are some restricted topics and discussions here we have to point out that will be deleted.
- Asking for Downloads and Torrents of Copy-Written Material will not be allowed here unless the material is out of print and used for educational purposes only. This includes the newer games that are on the market as well as asking for downloads of the movies and original novels too. A good rule of thumb is if it is available still on the retail market, odds are you shouldn't ask for a copy unless you fully intend to purchase it. This includes rule includes distributing widely available media as well.
- Political Posts aren't exactly prohibited, as matters of science can and do influence public policy. The reality is though that this is not an arena for partisan politics. There are areas of discussion impacting scientific study in the fields of genomic research, the field of study of paleontology & evolution, climate change, and geology that should and are allowed to be discussed openly here.
An example here of topics that are welcome are things like the private ownership versus public ownership of fossilized material, the evolution of life on Earth for the last 4.5 billion years, and the effects of climate change being brought upon by human industrialization in the late 20th century. Jurassic Park is a series about science and if you reject science in all of its forms you must leave. There will be no "alternative facts" here in these discussions, at all. Try to remember we encourage a pro-science type of environment here.
- Religious/Creationist-aligned posts are not allowed under any circumstance whatsoever here. The subject of Evolution is considered an indisputable, well-documented, and proven fact in all areas of science and science learning. We will not tolerate and do not accept any form of discussion related to Intelligent Design and/or Young-Earth Creationism at all (positive or negative). It's OK to believe in a higher power if one does, but this forum strictly operates in an exclusively pro-science and pro-intellectual environment. If this is a problem for you then you should close your browser from this forum and leave now.
The goal of this forum is to be a nice place to come, hang out, and share in your fandom as well as to have a wholesomely positive experience. Fandom is meant to be a place where you come to feel good and share those vibes with others. We wish to not have anything to do with drama, toxicity, and even pervasive negativity around here. We aim to be a place for you to chill and share your love for the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series with others.
Thanks and enjoy your stay with us!