Welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy your stay here and enjoy interacting with other fans like yourself! We do have a few rules here to keep the peace. Please be sure to follow them so we all can have a wonderful time!
1. Be kind, Be Courteous, Be Chill
Maintaining a healthy and welcoming apartment is number one here, so let's treat everyone with respect and civility. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required always. We do not encourage elitist attitudes and it is important always to remember the human on the other end of the computer has thoughts, feelings, and aspirations just like you. In short: Don't be a jerk about things.
2. No Hate Speech and no bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, or identity will not be tolerated. Hazing of new members or anyone is strictly prohibited and dealt with either via a warning or ban if it is continual.
3. Be constructive, open, and mindful
Complaining for the sake of complaining is not welcome as is constant and even pervasive negativity. Usually, a common example of this is, if one thinks "everything new sucks and is nothing like the originals" and is constantly going on about nostalgic feelings and how the franchise just hasn't felt the same since then. This specific attitude is considered unwelcome and while it's fine not to like something, don't antagonize people who do like the new media for the series. Remember that there is an old saying that goes, "If you have nothing nice or constructive to say then it is best to say nothing at all" and it is very much implied in practice here.
- Asking for Downloads and Torrents of Copy-Written Material will not be allowed here unless the material is out of print and used for educational purposes only. This includes the newer games that are on the market as well as asking for downloads of the movies and original novels too. A good rule of thumb is if it is available still on the retail market, odds are you shouldn't ask for a copy unless you fully intend to purchase it. This includes rule includes distributing widely available media as well.
- Political Posts aren't exactly prohibited, but they aren't exactly welcomed either here. This usually extends to partisan politics. That said, there are areas of discussion impacting scientific study in the fields of genomic research, the field of study of paleontology, and geology that should be discussed. A hotly debated topic that falls into this category is the private versus public ownership of fossilized material. Try to remember we encourage a pro-science type of environment here.
- Religious/Creationist-aligned posts are not allowed under any circumstance whatsoever here. The subject of Evolution is considered an indisputable, well-documented, and proven fact in all areas of science and science learning. We will not tolerate and do not accept any form of discussion related to Intelligent Design and/or Young-Earth Creationism at all (positive or negative). It's OK to believe in a higher power if one does, but this forum strictly operates in an exclusively pro-science and pro-intellectual environment. If this is a problem for you then you should close your browser from this forum and leave.
The goal of this forum is to be a nice place to come, hang out, and share in your fandom. We wish to avoid drama, toxicity, and even pervasive negativity completely around here. We aim to be a place for you to chill and share in your love for the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series.
Thanks and enjoy your stay with us!
Welcome to Jurassic-Pedia!
Come here to read news concerning changes coming to the site, forum, and content.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:07 pm
- Location: Akron, OH
- Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
- Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
1 post • Page 1 of 1