The Sanctuary Island

Come here and discuss the series, from Jurassic Park to all the way to Jurassic World Dominion!
Jason Preston
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus rex

Re: The Sanctuary Island

Post by Jason Preston »

If Maisie really did inherit everything, would she get his mansion in California? I was under the impression it was seized by the government after Fallen Kingdom, but I could be wrong. It may have just been under investigation, which shouldn't take until 2022/2023 to finish.
Troodon_formosus
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World: Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Troodon

Post by Troodon_formosus »

The mansion was a crime scene, but usually access to property is returned to the original owners once criminal investigations have concluded. Since the original owner is dead and his most likely inheritor is also dead, the property goes to his closest living relatives.
Small Fry: a tale from Biosyn Valley https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14296163/1/Small-Fry
sangheiliosthel
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Velociraptor antirrhopus (The fictional JP Raptor species)

Post by sangheiliosthel »

I'm inclined to believe Sanctuary was real. It feels impossible that Mills would be able to just make up an island and Lockwood wouldn't ever realise something was up at any point. Like the island wouldn't show up on Google Maps or Google Earth if it was fake.

And here's a quick blank map of the Sanctuary Island.
Blue my beloved.
The Indominus and Indoraptor were victims and deserved better.
JPIII is overhated.

But now, there is a someone in the world who isn't him.
- Courageous and Gentle
Jason Preston
Hatchling
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus rex

Post by Jason Preston »

Well, to be fair, Lockwood didn't realize there was an illegal operation going on right in his own basement.
Dinos4Ever
Co-Administrator
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Male Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Thrasher T-Rex

Post by Dinos4Ever »

Yeah, Lockwood was effectively bedridden or wheelchair bound, and naively gave much of the control of his money and estate over to Mills. Lockwood seemed like a man who wanted to see the good in everyone, leading him to be overly trusting.

As for Sanctuary Island, I personally doubt its existence. It's cheaper to have a custom model built and say it represents a real island, than to actually buy a real island. I assumed that the money he said he spent on the Sanctuary Island he actually spent on retrofitting the labs under the mansion and hiring Wu to continue his research into dinosaur weaponization.
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED