My Custom Figures

Pens, Paints, Markers, and Macaroni? Be sure to share your art here!
AntrakhaSornaensis
Hatchling

My Custom Figures

Post by AntrakhaSornaensis »

Back when the lockdowns hit, I was faced with a dilemma. I was bored of games, I'd read all my books, and the one TV in my house was shared between three people. I needed a new hobby. While scrolling through JPToys, I thought to myself, "Hey, there are new Jurassic World toys coming out. I wonder if I could try my hand at repainting them?" This led me to a YouTube channel called The Jurassic Park Compound (then known as TedBrothers), and I was inspired. So, based on some of his videos, I picked up some dirt-cheap acrylic paints and a set of brushes, and began to paint! So I'd like to share my work so far, and see if I could get some feedback.

-------

Arctic Raptor

This was my first attempt at painting one of Mattel's primary figures. As the name would imply, it was very much inspired by the Camo X-treme line released after JP3. It's definitely not my best job, but it was definitely an excellent learning opportunity.

-------

Tigerstripe Raptor Paint Mod

I was really happy to see Mattel release a raptor with stripes, but I wanted to add my own flair. I'm still not good with fine details like stripes, but I'll try my best. I'm happy with the color of the stripes, which was the result of mixing a bit of metallic blue into black.

-------

I Can't Think of a Name for This One

This one was inspired by my Live the Legend character, a V. sornaensis known as Antrakha, though it's a little more in the spiritual sense. I'm glad that the particular shade of red the original figure was was almost a 1-to-1 match to the red acrylic paint I use.

-------

Pack Photo

Dinos4Ever
Co-Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Male Tyrannosaurus rex
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Thrasher T-Rex

Re: My Custom Figures

Post by Dinos4Ever »

Like that custom tiger Raptor!
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

Love the customs work! Fantastic job!
AntrakhaSornaensis
Hatchling

Post by AntrakhaSornaensis »

My two Chaos Effect inspired repaints so far!

-------

Theta Carnotaurus

Inspired by the Parasaurolophus lux from Camp Cretaceous and an unreleased Night Hunter prototype, made from an Adventure Force Carnotaurus toy. The backstory I had in mind was that this genetically modified Carnotaurus possessed the color-changing ability of the novel Carnos, as well as the ability to bioluminesce.

-------

Tyrannonops

My first attempt at working with epoxy putty, which I used to lengthen the tail and added a mane on the back of the neck.. The original model is a Schleich Dinogorgon.

-------

Together