Upcoming Jurassic World (2025)

Come here and discuss the series, from Jurassic Park to all the way to Jurassic World Dominion!
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Tyrannosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus rex

Upcoming Jurassic World (2025)

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

Either way, the new film has sorta been announced and confirmed already. Here's the initial article from Hollywood Reporter breaking it and the link to our entry for it will be updated with relevant new information as it becomes available. This thread is for discussion of course and sharing of news articles so we can update the entry as needed.
Dr. ReGen
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park Trilogy
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Spinosaurus & Carnotaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Jurassic Park Series 1 Dr. Alan Grant

Re: Upcoming Jurassic World (2025)

Post by Dr. ReGen »

Although I'm interested in the idea of David Koepp and Spielberg being behind this; I can't help but to be concerned already simply due to the release date. We've always had to wait 4 years for a Jurassic Park film, and I believe it's not enough time for the film to be done. Can't help but to be reminded of how Jurassic Park III and Jurassic Park IV (referring to the rumors before Jurassic World) went down. Whereas they're scrambling to find the director, actors, or even a working script to go off of except this scenario is a bit more tamed.

Don't know why, but I'd imagine this film being a Jurassic Park prequel that takes place between the 1st and 2nd film. Like that one John Hammond prequel people were rumoring about, or such as Jurassic World: Regenesis? Who knows. Either way, imma keep my expectations low this time since films recently have been taking a nose dive.
sickle_claw
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Velociraptor
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Red Rex

Post by sickle_claw »

Dr. ReGen wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:11 pm
Although I'm interested in the idea of David Koepp and Spielberg being behind this; I can't help but to be concerned already simply due to the release date. We've always had to wait 4 years for a Jurassic Park film, and I believe it's not enough time for the film to be done. Can't help but to be reminded of how Jurassic Park III and Jurassic Park IV (referring to the rumors before Jurassic World) went down. Whereas they're scrambling to find the director, actors, or even a working script to go off of except this scenario is a bit more tamed.

Don't know why, but I'd imagine this film being a Jurassic Park prequel that takes place between the 1st and 2nd film. Like that one John Hammond prequel people were rumoring about, or such as Jurassic World: Regenesis? Who knows. Either way, imma keep my expectations low this time since films recently have been taking a nose dive.
I will admit that I am excited for the film, however I am hopeful due to the fact that the script is apparently done. Or at least in a working state where Universal is 'happy' with the film. The announcement of Gareth Edwards is also promising to me as well. I do think that I really consider him to be a talented director who has an eye for spectacle.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

I'm glad that Koepp is back and that Gareth Edwards is now the director. Outside of that, I am open to whatever it does, and I don't have any big expectations other than I hope to enjoy it.
Dr. ReGen
Hatchling
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park Trilogy
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Spinosaurus & Carnotaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Jurassic Park Series 1 Dr. Alan Grant

Post by Dr. ReGen »

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:46 am
I'm glad that Koepp is back and that Gareth Edwards is now the director. Outside of that, I am open to whatever it does, and I don't have any big expectations other than I hope to enjoy it.
If I recall right, Spielberg IS involved in the script, right? Or is he the executive producer again?
Zmey
Compsognathus
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Dilophosaurus
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Mug

Post by Zmey »

I expect a movie with strict plot, few dinosaurs (like the original) and good few human characters. I'd like it to be a standalone movie, not to force new trilogy.

Also happy franchise continues, googling JP4 every day was exhausting as a kid.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

Dr. ReGen wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:19 am
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:46 am
If I recall right, Spielberg IS involved in the script, right? Or is he the executive producer again?
I'm assuming exec producer? At least that's what it sounded like to me.
sickle_claw
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: The Lost World Jurassic Park
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Velociraptor
Favorite Jurassic Park/World toy: Red Rex

Post by sickle_claw »

Zmey wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:14 pm
I expect a movie with strict plot, few dinosaurs (like the original) and good few human characters. I'd like it to be a standalone movie, not to force new trilogy.

Also happy franchise continues, googling JP4 every day was exhausting as a kid.
Honestly, given that we know nothing almost nothing yet, I do think its very possible it could be a solo movie at this point. I'm not so sure we need to be jumping into another full fledged trilogy so soon after Dominion. But I think the rumors tend to say it coudl be something pretty intriguing.
TyrannosaurTJ
Administrator

Post by TyrannosaurTJ »

Yeah, based off of people's comments tied to the production it sounds more stand-alone. I don't think it's going to ignore the events of what happened before, but I see it as a thing people aren't going to be getting into exposition over in the film itself. It's like the approach JW had with TLW & JP3. They didn't say anything about those events directly in the film. That doesn't mean they "didn't happen" it just means they're not going to overload the movie with too much exposition about the fallout of those events.
Troodon_formosus
Contributor
Favorite Jurassic Series Film: Jurassic World: Dominion
Favorite prehistoric animal in the series: Troodon

Post by Troodon_formosus »

It's fair to assume that the movie won't rely extremely heavily on the events of Dominion if it's predominantly new characters. Unless those characters are Biosyn employees or wheat farmers in the Midwest, all they'd really need to know was "there are dinosaurs everywhere, there's a sanctuary for them in Europe, the black market for de-extinction tech is huge, and new breakthroughs in genetic science are being made."
Small Fry: a tale from Biosyn Valley https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14296163/1/Small-Fry